Build Customer Trust With Better Security: Learn the Benefits of a Proactive Approach to Website Security
Online security threats are a growing concern. Troubling security breaches seem to appear in the news on a regular basis. Meanwhile, there is no shortage of advertisements for products and services offering to protect consumers from online fraud and other scams. Consumers and business owners alike understand that threats to online security exist and require a proactive approach. For example:
• The average total cost of a data breach rose by 23 percent over the last two years.
• Zero-day vulnerabilities increased by 125 percent over the last three years.
• 4,885 identities were exposed per breach.
• 78 percent of sites scanned by Symantec in 2015 contained vulnerabilities.
• Symantec blocked more than 100 million tech support scams in 2015.
These are sobering statistics. The good news is that the security strategies implemented by businesses and consumers are working. Consumers are getting better at spotting the signs of a compromised site and keeping as far away as possible. Better-educated consumers are helping to reduce online security attacks, but businesses also need to do their part by using the right combination of threat-spotting and site security options to maintain the level of security customers can trust.